OOPSLA 2001 Workshop on
'Towards Patterns and
Pattern Languages for OO Distributed Real-time and Embedded
Topics for workshop discussions
Sunday, Oct 14, 2001
Pattern language questions:
- What should be the focus of the pattern language?
- Which kind of patterns do fit in?
- Do we need to categorize the pattern language itself? How?
- What should be the target people of the pattern language?
- E.g. distinguish between newbies and experts.
- Which existing patterns can be incorporated in such a language?
- What are forces specific to that pattern language?
- E.g. distinguish between domain general and domain specific forces.
- Given the diversity of the real-time and embedded domains, how
feasible is it to devise domain-independent QoS patterns?
- If it's not feasible, then what are the sub-domains where it may
- Likewise, what should be the "shape" and "number" of these
pattern languages, i.e., is there a pattern language per-[sub]domain
or can we generalize more broadly?
- Can a "regular" pattern be applied "as is" to DRE systems?
- What are the additional forces that should be considered?